How to Become a Committer on the ActiveMQ Project
This page is under active development so the ideas here are very fluid right now.
As outlined on How It Works document and the ASF roles defined there, we want to actively encourage folks to move from being contributors to the ActiveMQ TLP toward becoming full-fledged committers on the project. In an effort to provide more transparency on what it takes to become a committer on the ActiveMQ project, we are assembling our thoughts here. As we work through the identification of the skills and values we feel are necessary to become a committer on the ActiveMQ project, we should continue to discuss our thoughts on the dev@activemq mailing list so that everyone is able to participate.
Below is the list of some of the guidelines we believe make up a good candidate for being offered committership:
- Demonstrated ability to contribute patches/pull requests to ActiveMQ projects
- Demonstrated participation in discussions on the ActiveMQ mailing lists
- Willingness to contribute to the documentation
- Willingness to mentor and be mentored
- Helping to promote the community and this project, including outside of Apache
- Sustained interest and contribution