These are the steps I used to set up Archiva to run under WTP using Q for Eclipse 0.6.0 (currently in development only).
Install Q for Eclipse
Following the instructions works fine here, just ensure to use the development update site to get the nightly build with WTP support until 0.6.0 is released.
Import Archiva projects
Standard practice here:
- select File > Import...
- choose Maven 2 project
- enter the top level directory of the archiva trunk checkout
If you get some weird classpath errors (packages appear as src.main.java.org.*), this is because of old .project files being present in the checkout. Delete them and the .classpath files and import again.
Set up a Tomcat server
This is what I needed to get a working Tomcat server:
- go to preferences, then choose Server > Installed Runtimes
- install a Tomcat 5.5 runtime (or of your choice, but these instructions follow that for Tomcat 5.5), specifying the installation directory
- go to the Servers view (it may need to be opened from Window > Show view)
- right click and select New > Server
- Select the Tomcat server and press Finish
- right click the server and select Properties
- click the Switch Location button so that it says /Servers/Tomcat v5.5 Server at localhost-config and press Ok
- double click the server to bring up the properties pane
- change the Deploy path to a convenient location (such as /path/to/workspace/Servers/Tomcat v5.5 Server at localhost-config/webapps). Save the file.
- click "Open launch configuration"
- under the Classpath tab, select User Entries, and click Add External JARs...
- add the mail-1.4.jar and derby-10.1.3.1.jar from your file system (perhaps a local repository)
Set up the Web Application
- right click archiva-webapp and select Maven 2 > Package artifact (you need to do this step to generate the Plexus resources and to populate WEB-INF/lib due to a bug. If the web application fails to start, check these two things)
- right click archiva-webapp and select Properties
- Select Web Project Settings and change the Context Root to archiva then press Ok
- Edit server.xml in the Servers project that was created in your workspace and add this inside the existing Context for archiva:
- right click archiva-webapp and select Refresh
Run the web application
- right click archiva-webapp and select Run as > Run on Server
For more information on setting up Tomcat in general, see the Archiva documentation