This page is the Apache Arrow developer wiki. If you are involved in building or maintaining the project, this is a good page to have bookmarked. If you are a prospective user of the project, check out user-facing library and API documentation linked to from http://arrow.apache.org/.
- Guide for Committers and Project Maintainers
- Release Management Guide
- Packaging and Task Automation Tools
- How to Verify Release Candidates
- Open Patches (Pull Requests)
- JIRA Health Dashboard
Language-specific Development Resources
Roadmap and Initiatives
The "Arrow columnar format" is an open standard, language-independent binary in-memory format for columnar datasets. It can be used to create data frame libraries, build analytical query engines, and address many other use cases.
Columnar Computational Libraries
Feather File Format
We have been discussing involving the Julia community in Apache Arrow
- Discussion on ExpandingMan/Arrow.jl https://github.com/ExpandingMan/Arrow.jl/issues/28
- Feather implementation in pure Julia: https://github.com/JuliaData/Feather.jl
Machine Learning Framework Integrations
Modern machine learning frameworks can leverage technologies we are developing in Apache Arrow, and vice versa.
Parquet File Support
Plasma Shared Memory Store