This page is the Apache Arrow developer wiki. If you are involved in building or maintaining the project, this is a good page to have bookmarked. If you are a prospective user of the project, check out user-facing library and API documentation linked to from http://arrow.apache.org/.
- Guide for Committers and Project Maintainers
- Release Management Guide
- Packaging and Task Automation Tools
- How to Verify Release Candidates
- Open Patches (Pull Requests)
- JIRA Health Dashboard
Language-specific Development Resources
Roadmap and Initiatives
The "Arrow columnar format" is an open standard, language-independent binary in-memory format for columnar datasets. It can be used to create data frame libraries, build analytical query engines, and address many other use cases.
Columnar Computational Libraries
- C++ CSV / Delimited File Reader Project
- C++ Arrow-optimized Database Clients
- C++ Analytic Functions
- HDFS Filesystem Support
Feather File Format
We have been discussing involving the Julia community in Apache Arrow
- Discussion on ExpandingMan/Arrow.jl https://github.com/ExpandingMan/Arrow.jl/issues/28
- Feather implementation in pure Julia: https://github.com/JuliaData/Feather.jl
Machine Learning Framework Integrations
Modern machine learning frameworks can leverage technologies we are developing in Apache Arrow, and vice versa.
Parquet File Support
Plasma Shared Memory Store