Remember that the complete setup instructions are found in the Contribution Guide. The following steps are in case you have difficulties following the Contribution Guide.
Setup Tips for Prerequisites
The following steps can help to set up the environment listed in the Contribution guide
- Install Java 8, Go 1.12,
pyenvand Docker using homebrew.
- Check the following tutorial How to install Java 8 on Mac.
pyenvto install the python versions, 3.7, 3.8.
So far, 3.6 is throwing errors.
- Use pip (installed when installing
pyenv) to install
virtualenv, and tox.
- Clone the apache beam project from https://github.com/apache/beam
using main branch.
- cd into the /beam root project
Execute the following commands:
- To make sure Java environment is correctly installed, execute:
See child pages in the sidebar:
- (FAQ) Recovering from common IDE errors
- Additional Plugin Integrations
- Build and test a single module
- Finding Help with IntelliJ
- Perform a full build
- Recover from IntelliJ project corruption
- Run a single IT for a particular runner
- Run a single unit test
- Running a single validates runner test
- Set up IntelliJ from scratch