On behalf of the Apache Bigtop team, I'd love to announce the general
availability of the Bigtop 1.0.0 release (the website is being updated right
A few notable new features in this release include:
* based on the stable Hadoop 2.6.0
* Ignite data fabric 1.2.0 with its Hadoop accelerator
* Spark 1.3.1
* HBase 0.98.12
* latest version of Phoenix, the Apache HBase SQL layer project
* a number of new components are added: Kafka, YCSB, Kite are among them
* toolchain is updated to the latest versions of the development tools
* standard docker containers are available for builds, testing, and alike
* a huge UX improvement in the deployment is made for unattended cluster
deployment and/or testing
* and many upgrades to the latest versions for the ecosystem projects
(Mahout, Solr, Giraph, etc.)
It is the rock-solid release of the Apache Bigdata platform with close to 350
bugs fixed and new features added over the span of 10 months.
Deploying Bigtop is easy: grab the repo/list file for your favorite Linux
and you'll be running your very own bigdata cluster in no time!
I also want to express the gratitude to the project contributors - everyone in
the community who made this release possible!
Cos (Bigtop 1.0.0 RM)