Even though Bigtop project manages its own website via Mave's site plugin the deployment still needs to happen by committing to the svnpubsub.
If you want to update Bigtop's website, here's a set of steps you need to go through:
Checkout our official ASF git repo
$ git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/bigtop.git
- Open JIRA ticket for the changes; make the desired changes under src/site
- Build and test the result via:
$ mvn site:site
$ mvn site:run
$ firefox http://localhost:8080
- When satisfied, commit back to the official Git repo
- Now it is time to actually publish the website
- This will deploy the generated website to /www/bigtop.apache.org/ on people.apache.org. You can SSH there to check that things look OK.Once the deployment is done you need to publish new website via https://cms.apache.org/bigtop/: login and click "Publish bigtop site" link. Otherwise the content won't get propagated.
- It will take an hour or so for the website to become live
, but you can inspect the website by temporarily setting your browser proxy to see the new, unmirrored content (I used FoxyProxy in Firefox) as described in http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html.