- License headers need to be added/updated in all appropriate files. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2) (done)
- Designate a release manager (abayer volunteers).
- Get a site up at http://incubator.apache.org/bigtop explaining the project, with documentation on how to build, how to test, how to install.
- Set up CI build on https://builds.apache.org. (abayer)
- Clean up Cloudera references in code. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-4)
- Remove .gitignore files from rpm directories, add top-level .gitignore file to support git-svn usage. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3)
- Define version ranges of components that can be fed to Bigtop build (i.e., those releases with builds compatible with what we expect in the RPM/Deb packaging).
- Add a dist target to the top-level makefile to generate the source tarball for the release. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-6)