Bigtop is based on iTest which has a clear separation between test artifacts and test execution. Test artifacts happen to be arbitrary Maven artifacts with classes containing @Test methods. Test execution phase is being driven by maven pom.xml files where you'd define dependencies on test artifacts that you would like to execute and bind everything to the maven-failsafe-plugin's verify goal.
Running existing unit tests
- Make sure that you have the latest Maven installed (3.0.4)
- Make sure that you have the following defined in your environment:
- Given the on-going issues with Apache Jenkins builds you might need to deploy everything locally:
- Start test execution:
Things to keep in mind
- If you want to select a subset of tests you can use -Dorg.apache.maven-failsafe-plugin.testInclude='**/Mask*'
- It is helpful to add -Dorg.apache.bigtop.itest.log4j.level=TRACE to your mvn verify command