1. Pull Requests
2. JIRA Github
JV, Ivan, Sam, Sijie
- Sijie and JV had a syncup about the metadata improvements that Sijie, Ivan and Jia are working on. Sijie and Ivan will shared the proposals with the community soon.
- Persistent Status on Bookies
- Sijie explained how it was used at Twitter for handling alerts happened at night.
- JV has concerns about it make operations complicated. But he is okay with this feature if by default it is disabled.
- New Ledger API
- Sijie asked JV and Charan to review it again
- JV and Charan should review PerChannelBookieClient changes.
- Discussion around cookie and empty disks
- JV suspected the cookie doesn't work when there is empty (or wiped-out) disk.
- Sijie and Ivan thought the bookie should reject start if missing cookies.
- JIRA to Github:
- Sam suggested improving the merging process by organizing the changes into smaller commits, specially for bug fixes.
- Sam suggested using github merge options and a web hook for validate the commit messages.
- Sijie: we might be looking into how to improve the merge script. currently merge script does squash commit, consider using rebase commit and reorganizing the commits.
- JV is writing a google doc around the cases related to durability and will share in the mail list.