This recipe outlines how to configure a new Bamboo project to use Buildr. The following steps assume that you have logged-on to Bamboo as an Administrator.
Configure a Builder
- Select the Administration tab from the Bamboo toolbar.
- Select the Builders area (first option) from the Administration menu.
- Using the Add Builder dialog, configure a custom builder for Buildr with the following options:
Create a Plan
- Select the Create Plan tab from the Bamboo toolbar to enter the Create Plan wizard.
- In "1. Plan Details", define your build plan including project name, project key, build plan name and build plan key.
- In "2. Source Repository", specify your source code repository settings (CVS or SVN).
- In "3. Builder Configuration", specify the "buildr" builder that you defined above, along with the following:
"test=all"(ensures that all tests are run through even if failures are encountered)
- Test Results Directory:
"*/reports/junit/.xml"(or your path to test results, if different).
- The remaining wizard sections may be either skipped or configured with your preferred settings.
Trigger a Build
A build should occur automatically at the point of project creation. It can also be manually triggered at any time
- Navigate to the project summary page (located at:
- Click on the small arrow to the left of the label "Build Actions"
- Select "Checkout and Build" from the pop-up menu to force a build.
The project page will contain full status information for previous builds and the results tabs will integrate the results from your JUnit tests.