First, thank you for contributing to CloudStack.
To propose a new feature
These are the steps you must follow to propose a new feature
- Send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing
- Subject line tagged with '[DISCUSS]'
- Description of your proposal and why it's needed.
- Collect responses and respond to any comments and/or questions.
- Remember that at this step, you're here to drive a consensus.
Once the feature has been accepted
To add new features and new design documents, please follow the process below.
- Follow the registration process to register to CloudSack Jira, CloudStack Review Board, and on this wiki. (Note: After creating your accounts for JIRA and this wiki, you'll need to email email@example.com with your account IDs and ask for permission to edit/contribute)
- Create a issue for your feature if it's not already on Jira.
- Make sure the Fix Version is the version you're planning on adding to CloudStack.
- Make sure the type of issue is New Feature.
- If you're working on it, assign it to yourself.
- Indicate the branch you're working on this.
- Add a reference to the mailing list where you discussed this feature.
- Go to the Design page.
- CloudStack's Design Document Template is at the top of the page.
- Click on the release you want to add the feature on.
- Put the pointer over 'Add' drop-down button and select 'Page' from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the title of your page.
- Add a reference back to the issue you created on Jira on this page.
- Add a reference to the branch where the work is being done.
- Write your design spec.
- If you created diagrams, please add that as an attachment so others can help fix the diagram.
- Click on 'Save' button
- Send an email to cloudstack-dev list with the tag [PROPOSAL].
That's it! Now the release page will include your feature.
When your feature is complete
TODO: Need complete process here on what to do
- Seek IP Clearance (mailinglist?)
- You CANNOT change existing licence headers or submit non-donated code without clearance!
- File test plans
- Submit for review per step 6
If your feature couldn't make the release
TODO: Need process here on what to do