A general information brochure was created by Ignasi Barrera and is now being translated into various languages for use at meetups, events and conferences. The source files for the brochures are gimp files that are exported to pdf. You can find all the files in the Community Development repository under the following link:
Members of the press looking for other official statements about the ASF should contact the Media and Analyst Relations Team.
Please see below for the language versions that are available or in progress - if you require more specific numbers, be sure to check the dates when the files were last generated, as the ASF continues to attract new project and communities regularly!
|ASF - Brochure Catalan
|ASF Brochure Chinese
|ASF - Brochure Japanese
Brochure Text for Translation
If you are interested in translating the brochure text into another language then the text for translation can be found below:
The Apache Software Foundation provides support for the Apache Community of open-source software projects, which provide software products for the public good
The Apache projects are defined by collaborative consensus based processes, an open, pragmatic software license and a desire to create high quality software that leads the way in its field
We consider ourselves not simply a group of projects sharing a server, but rather a community of developers and users
The ASF is a United States private, 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit charitable organization. Funds are needed to help ensure that Apache software projects continue to be freely available to users around the world. You may help the ASF reach its financial goals via: Individual Donations For one-off or recurring gifts of any size, via credit card, PayPal, ACH, and more. ASF Sponsorship For organizations, individuals, foundations, and endowments contributing $5,000 or more.
THE APACHE® SOFTWARE FOUNDATION Open source software for the public good https://www.apache.org
Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Apache Software Foundation (ASF) was formed with the mission to create software for the public good by:
- Providing a foundation for open, collaborative software development projects by supplying hardware, communication, and business infrastructure
- Creating an independent legal entity to which companies and individuals can donate resources and be assured that those resources will be used for the public benefit
- Providing a means for individual volunteers to be sheltered from legal suits directed at the Foundation's projects
- Protecting the Apache brand, as applied to its software products, from being abused by other organizations
- Overseeing +300 freely available enterprise-grade software projects, from Abdera to HTTP Server to Hadoop to Zookeeper
Apache Incubator: The official entry path for projects and codebases wishing to become part of the efforts at the ASF
- Ensures all donations are in accordance to the ASF legal standards
- Mentors and develops new communities that adhere to our guiding principles and "The Apache Way"
- Includes the latest innovations in Big Data, Edge, IoT, Cloud, Serverless computing, and more
- Administering the popular Apache Licence used in thousands of software solutions
Tomorrow's technology, today
180 committees managing more than 300 open source initiatives
5800 committers contributing 680 foundation members