Discussion amongst the community appears to indicate a desire for a simple no-frills logo, using a theme of a plug or a bridge. Beyond that there are some general Guidelines established by the Apache Public Relations Committee...
Look and Feel Guidelines
- Submissions must include a usable web version (PNG preferred) and a scalable vector, print quality version of the logo
- There should be a version of the logo that has a transparent background
- The logo will be used to promote Lucene Connector Framework and should evoke the overall Apache Software Foundation brand community-centric open source development, delivering the highest quality, standards compliant software
- The logo should evoke the proper status of a subproject within Lucene
- The logo should incorporate the full subproject name: Lucene Connector Framework
- The logo should not incorporate any overt cultural or religious symbolism
- The logo may incorporate other imagery, abstract symbols or a catchphrase, so long as the full subproject name is included somewhere in the logo. To this extent, the full subproject name can be displayed in a smaller font size than the main image, if there exists a main image
- The logo must reflect the values of the community
- The logo must adapt well to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
- For tips on creating logos suitable for print media, please review this or any other web guides you might find helpful: http://www.sorrentomesa.com/education/techtips.html
- If the logo incorporates non-standards fonts, you must be able to provide us with the font should your logo be selected