How To Update The ManifoldCF Website
(NOTE: You need committer rights to modify the Website.)
- Install a JDK that is 1.7 or above.
- Install ant.
- Install an svn client, version 1.7 or later.
- Install python 2.7+.
- Checkout the ManifoldCF site code https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/site/trunk/.
- Change directory to where the site code was checked out.
- "ant make-core-deps" will download the necessary build dependencies.
- "ant build" will build the current site, including the release documentation from trunk. It will also check out and build Apache Forrest. The generated site will be in ./build/site/.
- Make your desired website changes to the source files in ./src/ and regenerate the site with ant.
When you are satisfied with your changes, and want to push them out to the main site mirror, do the following:
- Commit your changes to trunk.
- Regenerate the site using "ant build".
- Check out https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/site/publish/ to the location of your choice (a new workarea).
- Execute "python scripts/update-site.py". The first argument should be "./build/site". The second should be the root of the tree you just checked out.
- The site will automatically be exported from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/site/publish by the standard Apache svnpubsub process.
The following steps WERE necessary when the list of previous releases included those generated with Java SDK 1.5 and early versions of 1.6. They are included here for reference:
- Download the javadoc patch tool from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-doc-updater-tool-1955731.html.
Run the tool as follows:
java -jar JavadocUpdaterTool.jar -R <path>
. You will need to run the tool on the "api" subdirectory of every release that appears under "./build/site/releases" . For example:
java -jar JavadocUpdaterTool.jar -R ./build/site/releases/trunk/api