To be able to use a selected build environment when releasing in a distributed build setup; using the installations and build agent group.
- better control of the installations to be used when releasing
- provides option on which build agent the release should take place
- default build agent - the last build agent used for building the project to be released
- selected build agent - build agent that is part of the build agent group defined in the selected build environment
- selected build agent group - the build agent group configured in the selected build environment
- selected build environment - newly selected build environment for the release
- a build environment should be selected from the list in the release prepare or perform (provide release parameters option)
- error is displayed if no build agent is found in the selected build environment
Securing Project Working Copy
- Checkout the working copy if there isn't a working copy in the build agent yet. Otherwise, just update it.
- release will only happen in the selected build agent
Selection of Build Agent
The selection of build environment when releasing is required. There should be a build agent defined in the selected build environment.
The build agent for the release is selected according to the following priority:
- default build agent is used if it is part of the selected build agent group
- use same rules to select agent as any other build would – dispatch project build to next slave available
No release is performed in the following scenarios:
- if no build agent is configured in the selected build environment
- if no enabled build agent is found in the selected build agent group (release cannot happen in a disabled build agent)
- handling of non-existent build environment installations. These are the installations that do not exist in the machine where the build agent is installed.
- CONTINUUM-2457 - A successful build should not be required in order to release
- Being able to add installations that exist in the machine where the build agent is installed. Currently, when an installation is added, the path is checked against the Continuum server or the Master's file system.
CONTINUUM-2368 - Build environment selection is ignored when releasing with distributed build enabled
CONTINUUM-2458 - Continuum Release should do a checkout if there is no working copy
CONTINUUM-2464 - Build environment should be required when releasing in distributed build setup