Become a contributor
This page serves as a collection of helpful CouchDB tools. If something is missing hop on IRC and either request editing access for the Wiki or just ask someone to add the tool for you.
couchapp - popular command line utility for managing design documents (Python).
erica - Erica is a tool that helps you to create couchdb design docs (Erlang).
Kundera - An Object-Datastore Mapping Library for couchdb.
Ddoc Lab - An in-browser IDE for creating couchapps and design documents, an offline-ready couchapp by itself
- ElasticSearch has native support for continuous indexing of CouchDB via the "river" functionality.
- CouchDB Pumper- a data migration tool from Oracle to CouchDB and back.
- couch-to-postgres - Node libary to stream CouchDB changes into PostgreSQL (similar to ElasticSearch river). Uses PostgreSQL JSON datatype and enables SQL querying on docs. With the pgsql-http extension allows for inserts/updates/deletes from within PostgreSQL on docs within CouchDB and can be used as a general swiss army knife for manipulating CouchDB databases. With PostgreSQL ODBC allows excel/access to query the docs as well.
munin-plugin-couchdb - Munin plugin for graphing CouchDB statistics.
- statsd backend - Backend for StatsD to emit metrics to CouchDB.
jq - A command-line JSON processor. You can use it to parse, filter and manipulate CouchDB's JSON output.
jgrep - A Ruby-based CLI tool and API for parsing and displaying JSON data using a logical expression syntax.
mock couch - A node.js module to mock a CouchDB server for unit testing CouchDB based apps.
couch-cli - Command line interface to facilitate CouchDB replication and other administrative tasks (Groovy).
couchdb-utils - A fast and portable CouchDB command line utility (Go).
covercouch - Per-document r/w/d ACL for CouchDB, preserves original CouchDB API untouched.
- lava - a minimal command-line shell script to keep your views toasty warm and up-to-date with their corresponding DBs (shell + jq and curl)
CouchDB Pumper - a tool to migrate Oracle data to CouchDB and back.
NoSQLViewer - a free tool which provides convenient GUI data management framework for CouchDB
Kanape IDE - An IDE for CouchDB (Windows)