to store pipelines containing cTAKES components.
- select cTAKES components to include
- view descriptions of the components, and inputs, outputs, parameters, dependencies
- implemented using the new Pipe Bits
multiple new annotators to discover meaningful events, temporal expressions, and their relations from clinical text and place them on a timeline.
Example Clinical Documents with Manual Annotations
hand-annotated clinical narratives (mock ups). The narratives were annotated using the Anafora annotation tool.
Sentence Detector Alternative
if the default sentence detector is not working well for you, you could try the new character-based sentence detector
Coreference Annotator Alternative
a new, second coreference annotator is now included
used to describe cTAKES components for tools that help users create pipelines - see Simple Pipeline Fabricator GUI.
- document descriptions of components, and inputs, outputs, parameters, dependencies
- implemented as Java annotations
- simplifies pipeline builders
- indicates whether a component is a Collection Reader, Annotator, or a Cas Consumer (Writer)
if you've written code that directly uses classes within cTAKES, you could be affected by the following:
- If you used any of these three older, lesser-used assertion-related classes, you need to switch to using other classes within ctakes-annotation that provide similar functionality.
- Class IdentifiedAnnotationUtil was renamed to OntologyConceptUtil