Various questions, issues, etc. come up from time to time. Answers and workarounds will be collected here as Tech Notes.
- TN1 — ZooKeeper watches are single threaded.
- TN2 — InterProcessMutex acquire() can be used to return immediately if lock can't be acquired.
- TN3 — Dealing with session failure.
- TN4 — ZooKeeper makes a very bad Queue source.
- TN5 — The APIs in Apache Curator are exactly the same as Netflix Curator.
- TN6 — Friends don't let friends write ZooKeeper recipes
- TN7 — Do not use paths passed to Curator recipes.
- TN8 — Curator logging can be customized.
- TN9 — NOTE: PathChildrenCache now uses getData() instead of checkExists().
- TN10 — JVM pauses can cause unexpected client state with improperly chosen session timeouts.
- TN11 — Curator internally wraps Watchers.
- TN12 — Curator connection semantics
- TN13 — Guava usage in Curator
- TN14 — Session expiration in Curator
- TN15 — API Changes in Curator 5.0.0 and how to workaround them if you need binary compatibility.