- Make sure your .m2/settings.xml contains your user and password
- Make sure you have a pgp key
- Make sure all jira issues for the version are resolved
- Export the jira issues from the jira roadmap view of the version you are doing and update distribution/multi-bundle/src/main/release/release_notes.txt
Do the release in maven
When releasing on windows you might need the addtional argument -Dgpg.executable=C:\java\gnupg\bin\gpg.exe . This makes sure gpg 2 iss used instead of the git shell provided gpg1.
- mvn release:prepare -Darguments="-DskipTests"
- mvn release:perform -Darguments="-DskipTests"
- go to https://repository.apache.org, log in with you apache id, find your staging repo and close it
- Check the tag is there in subversion and contains the correct version in the poms
- Check that the release notes are correct and LICENSE and NOTICE are present in the distros
- Check that the staging repo is visible and contains the correct release version
Send vote mail to dev list
Release maven repo
Delete staged release
Sometimes people find issues in a staged release. In this case we need to remove the release and redo it.
Delete the tag locally and on the git server
git tag --delete tagname
git push --delete origin tagname
Delete staged artifacts on http://repo.apache.org