Welcome to the DB Torque Wiki
This wiki is part of the big Apache Wiki Farm.
What is Torque?
Torque is a persistence layer. Torque generates all the database resources required by your application and includes a runtime environment to run the generated classes.
Torque was developed as part of the Jakarta Turbine Framework. It is now decoupled and can be used by itself. It has also migrated from Apache Jakarta to Apache DB.
- Stable Release Version (Mar 2022): 5.1
- UnitTestingWithTorque - Strategies for unit testing code that uses Torque.
- PostgreSQLFAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about using Torque with PostgreSQL.
- OracleFAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about using Torque with Oracle.
- TutorialErrata - Aspects of the Torque Tutorial that require updating.
External resources (from the beginnings)
Unofficial, externally maintained howtos
- http://g42.org/programming/torque/TorqueHowto.html - A guide written by "Geoff42". Gives a brief overview of how to get started with Torque
- http://users.volja.net/amanita1/ - Torque Example Application by Ales Vaupotic
- Torque Resources - Articles, Examples, HOW-TOs, Tutorials.
Articles about Torque
- Installing and Using the TorqueMapper (Internet Archive, Sept. 2002) - By James M. Turner
- NextRelease - Plans for the next release of Torque.
- TorqueFuture- Where to go from here. TODOS from the beginning ..
Can I contribute to this site?
As with all Wikis, this site is maintained by the users of Torque.
If you are member of the Db PMC feel free to add your own additions to the Wiki.
Remember: It's your participation that helps make this site useful.