Welcome to the DB Torque Wiki
This wiki is part of the big Apache Wiki Farm.
What is Torque?
Torque is a persistence layer. Torque generates all the database resources required by your application and includes a runtime environment to run the generated classes. Torque was developed as part of the Jakarta Turbine Framework. It is now decoupled and can be used by itself. It has also migrated from Apache Jakarta to Apache DB.
The best place to get started with Torque is to visit http://db.apache.org/torque/. For questions and project updates, subscribe to the Torque Mailing Lists or search this third-party archive hosted by Nabble.
- GettingTorqueToWork - An ever-growing list of typical problems and solutions to help people just getting started with Torque.
- HarderTorqueFaq - Additional FAQ entries covering some of the more complex aspects of Torque.
- UnitTestingWithTorque - Strategies for unit testing code that uses Torque.
- PostgreSQLFAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about using Torque with PostgreSQL.
- OracleFAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about using Torque with Oracle.
- TutorialErrata - Aspects of the Torque Tutorial that require updating.
Articles about Torque
- Installing and Using the Torque Object Mapper - By James M. Turner
Unofficial, externally maintained howtos
- http://g42.org/programming/torque/TorqueHowto.html - A guide written by "Geoff42". Gives a brief overview of how to get started with Torque
- http://users.volja.net/amanita1/ - Torque Example Application by Ales Vaupotic
- Torque Resources - Articles, Examples, HOW-TOs, Tutorials.
Can I contribute to this site?
As with all Wikis, this site is maintained by the users of Torque. Feel free to add your own additions to the Wiki. Make a page and add it to the list above. In order to do so, create a wiki user account using the UserPreferences link at the top right corner of the page.
Remember: It's your participation that helps make this site useful.
'Special' Wiki pages
EventStats/HitCounts - EventStats/UserAgents - SystemInformation