Apache Fineract (\’fīn-,ә-,rakt\) is an open source system for core banking as
a platform. Fineract provides a reliable, robust, and affordable solution for
entrepreneurs, financial institutions, and service providers to offer
financial services to the world’s 2 billion underbanked and unbanked.
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
The Fineract community maintains two active projects
Fineract 1.x - Current generation product which is widely used
FIneract-CN - Next Generation framework which is still under active development and has not been officially released
- Fineract 1.x
A new major release (1.3) was shipped.
Ongoing work (shout-out to Michael Vorburger) around updating to newer versions of dependencies for the next major release (1.4), likely to be shipped in this quarter.
We have a GSOC student working on migrating our API documentation to Swagger.
Ongoing activity and discussions around ensuring license compliance in preparation for an initial release. Additional details follow
- Thanks to Juhan Aasaru, JFrog artifactory has been setup for all Fineract CN projects. This greatly simplifies our build process.
- GSOC student working on migrating our RDBMS from MySQL to PostgreSQL and our ORM from Hibernate to another Apache compliant library
## Health report:
Both projects continue to remain healthy.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 17 PMC members.
- New PMC members:
- Courage Angeh was added to the PMC on Tue May 14 2019
- Isaac Kamga was added to the PMC on Thu Apr 25 2019
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 35 committers.
- New committers:
- Angel Cajas was added as a committer on Sat Apr 27 2019
- Juhan Aasaru was added as a committer on Fri Apr 19 2019
- Last release was 1.3.0 on Tue Apr 30 2019
## Mailing list activity:
No major changes in mailing list traffic
- 342 subscribers (up 9 in the last 3 months):
- 637 emails sent to list (707 in previous quarter)
- 16 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 369 emails sent to list (688 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
No change in activity rates around both projects
- Fineract 1.X
- 26 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 14 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
- Fineract CN
- 20 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 10 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months