All the Apache Flex repositories are mirrored on Github, and standard Github workflows are supported. If you are a Github user, you can use Github for reporting issues and contributing code. It's actually probably easier than the process listed above by creating patch files.
Follow these steps:
- Create a Github account here.
- Fork the repository you want to work on and check it out locally.
- If you want to work on some or all of them, they should all be checked out into the same folder.
- Make your changes to the code, commit and push your changes to your fork.
- In the Github interface create the pull request.
Someone on the Flex team should then review your request and apply it if appropriate.
Github Issues are supported as well. While Flex primarily uses JIRA for logging tickets (and we recommend using JIRA if possible), Github Issues can be used as well.