This page tracks various organizations that are using Flink. Would you like your name on this page? Send an email to the users mailing list, or to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a message to the @ApacheFlink twitter account and we will add you.
Flink Forward Conferences
The Flink Forward conference series gives a good overview of the use cases that various companies realize with Apache Flink.
- Flink Forward Berlin 2018
- Flink Forward San Francisco 2018
- Flink Forward Berlin 2017
- Flink Forward San Francisco 2017
- Flink Forward Berlin 2016
- Aeris is using Flink to build internet-of-things enabled real-time monitoring and analytics
- AlephD is using Flink combined with Kafka to create realtime analytics to monitor ad monetization for publishers
- Alibaba uses a Flink-based system to optimize search rankings in realtime
- Altice Labs is experimenting the use Apache Flink for IPTV real-time recommendation in very high demanding scenarios through the EU H2020 project STREAMLINE.
- Amazon – Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics, a fully managed cloud service for stream processing, uses Apache Flink in part to power its Java application capability.
- BetterCloud uses Flink to surface near real-time intelligence from SaaS application activity.
- Bol.com (Online Retailer) uses Flink for real time monitoring/measuring in the customer personalization pipeline
- Bouygues Telecom uses Flink for real-time event processing and analytics over billions of Kafka messages per day.
- Capital One uses Flink for real-time customer activity monitoring
- Comcast uses Flink for operationalizing machine learning models and near-real-time event stream processing.
- data Artisans was created by the original developers of Flink
- Drivetribe (social network) implemented its CQRS Architecture using Apache Flink as described in this blog post
Ebay's monitoring platform is powered by Flink and evaluates thousands of customizable alert rules on metrics and log streams.
- Eura Nova
- Ericsson used Flink to build a real-time anomaly detector over large infrastructures using machine learning
- Huawei Cloud offers a product called "CloudStream", based on Apache Flink
- IMR Internet Memory Research is using Apache Flink in the EU H2020 project STREAMLINE
- ING talks about their fraud detection pipeline with Apache Flink in this video
- InnoGames is using Apache Flink as part of their data infrastructure as discussed in this talk.
- KEEDIO uses Apache Flink's CEP library in a log aggregation solution for Red Hat OpenStack to discover operational anomalies that otherwise would be very hard to spot.
- king.com (Mobile Gaming like CandyCrush Saga) uses Apache Flink for real time data science dashboards
- Klaviyo uses Flink-based systems for real-time analytics as well as big data analytics, as described in these blog posts.
- Limeroad uses Flink for multiple use-cases ranging from ETL jobs, ClickStream data processing, real-time dashboard to CEP.
- LINE uses Apache Flink for real-time log aggregation and system monitoring.
- Lyft uses Flink as processing engine for its streaming platform, for example to consistently generate features for machine learning.
- mbr targeting (realtime advertising) is using Flink for real-time processing and streaming ingestion to Druid
- MediaMath explains how they rescale stateful Flink applications in this blog post
- Mux explains their use of Flink for real-time anomaly detection
- Netflix uses Flink as presented in this talk
- NMusic is using Apache Flink to supply real time music recommendations to its users
- Okkam SRL uses Flink for semantic big data analysis and inference for tax assessment and more.
- Otto Group (Online Retailer)
- Pragsis Bidoop is using Apache Flink in his cybersecurity and big data product called AnalyticMate.
- Radicalbit is an OSS distribution that uses Flink for Fast Data processing
ResearchGate (Social Network for Scientists) is using Flink in the areas of network analysis and near duplicate detection.
Styx is a streaming Analytics platform, built with Apache Flink and Kafka.
- Telefónica NEXT's TÜV-certified Data Anonymization Platform is powered by Flink.
- Thirdwatch is using Apache Flink for real-time financial fraud detection.
- Treelogic is using Apache Flink in the EU research project Proteus
- TouK uses Flink and TouK Nussknacker to build real-time marketing, fraud detection and recommendation systems for its customers
- Uber as seen in this presentation
- Yelp utilizes Flink to power its data connectors ecosystem and stream processing infrastructure.
- Zalando (Online Fashion Retailer) uses Flink for real-time business process monitoring and continuous ETL
The projects below integrate with Flink by using Flink as a frontend or backend.
- Google Cloud Dataflow
- XGBoost4J: Distributed XGBoost for Tree Boosting (Machine Learning)
- Apache SAMOA (incubating)
- Apache MRQL (incubating)
- Apache Beam
- Apache Mahout
- Apache Streams
- TouK Nussknacker
As a Service Provider
Universities / Research Institutes
- TU Berlin
- Berlin Big Data Center
- Leipzig University is using Flink for research on distributed graph analytics, lab projects, and lectures.
- HU Berlin
- University of Zagreb: Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (Department of Applied Computing)
- Big Data Europe
- Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB) uses Flink to research Big Data Analytics on HPC hardware.
- DFKI uses Apache Flink in the projects Smart Data for Mobility (SD4M) and Smart Data Web (SDW)
- SZTAKI is developing a high accuracy, massively scalable data stream-oriented machine learning library for Apache Flink as part of the EU H2020 project STREAMLINE