This page tracks various organizations that are using Flink. Would you like your name on this page? Send an email to the users mailing list, or to email@example.com, or send a message to the @ApacheFlink twitter account and we will add you.
Flink Forward Conferences
The Flink Forward conference series gives a good overview of the use cases that various companies realize with Apache Flink.
- AlephD is using Flink combined with Kafka to create realtime analytics to monitor ad monetization for publishers
- Alibaba uses a Flink-based system to optimize search rankings in realtime
- Bol.com (Online Retailer) uses Flink for real time monitoring/measuring in the customer personalization pipeline
- Bouygues Telecom uses Flink for real-time event processing and analytics over billions of Kafka messages per day.
- Capital One uses Flink for real-time customer activity monitoring
- data Artisans was created by the original developers of Flink
- Drivetribe (social network) implemented its CQRS Architecture using Apache Flink as described in this blog post
- Eura Nova
- Ericsson used Flink to build a real-time anomaly detector over large infrastructures using machine learning
- Huawei Cloud offers a product called "CloudStream", based on Apache Flink
- IMR Internet Memory Research is using Apache Flink in the EU H2020 project STREAMLINE
- ING talks about their fraud detection pipeline with Apache Flink in this video
- KEEDIO uses Apache Flink's CEP library in a log aggregation solution for Red Hat OpenStack to discover operational anomalies that otherwise would be very hard to spot.
- king.com (Mobile Gaming like CandyCrush Saga) uses Apache Flink for real time data science dashboards
- LINE uses Apache Flink for real-time log aggregation and system monitoring.
- mbr targeting (realtime advertising) is using Flink for real-time processing and streaming ingestion to Druid
- MediaMath explains how they rescale stateful Flink applications in this blog post
- Mux explains their use of Flink for real-time anomaly detection
- Netflix uses Flink as presented in this talk
- NMusic is using Apache Flink to supply real time music recommendations to its users
- Okkam SRL uses Flink for semantic big data analysis and inference for tax assessment and more.
- Otto Group (Online Retailer)
- Portugal Telecom is currently experimenting Apache Flink for IPTV real-time recommendation in very high demanding scenarios
- Pragsis Bidoop is using Apache Flink in his cybersecurity and big data product called AnalyticMate.
- Radicalbit is an OSS distribution that uses Flink for Fast Data processing
ResearchGate (Social Network for Scientists) is using Flink in the areas of network analysis and near duplicate detection.
- Thirdwatch is using Apache Flink for real-time financial fraud detection.
- Treelogic is using Apache Flink in the EU research project Proteus
- Uber as seen in this presentation
- Zalando (Online Fashion Retailer) uses Flink for real-time business process monitoring and continuous ETL
The projects below integrate with Flink by using Flink as a frontend or backend.
- Google Cloud Dataflow
- XGBoost4J: Distributed XGBoost for Tree Boosting (Machine Learning)
- Apache SAMOA (incubating)
- Apache MRQL (incubating)
- Apache Beam
- Apache Mahout
- Apache Streams
As a Service Provider
Universities / Research Institutes
- TU Berlin
- Berlin Big Data Center
- Leipzig University is using Flink for research on distributed graph analytics, lab projects, and lectures.
- HU Berlin
- University of Zagreb: Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (Department of Applied Computing)
- Big Data Europe
- Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB) uses Flink to research Big Data Analytics on HPC hardware.
- DFKI uses Apache Flink in the projects Smart Data for Mobility (SD4M) and Smart Data Web (SDW)
- SZTAKI is developing a high accuracy, massively scalable data stream-oriented machine learning library for Apache Flink as part of the EU H2020 project STREAMLINE