The purpose of this page is to improve the contribution experience in the Apache Flink community.
Collect ideas how to improve the contribution experience
Introduce a review bot
- Introduce a merge bot which automatically merges pull requests
- Label pull requests
- automatic closing of stale pull requests
Pull request labels
to be discussed on the Flink list.
- Review bot: put review status in a label
- review=none, review=description, review=consensus, review=architecture, review=complete
- JIRA: forward component as label
- component=APIs/DataSet, component=APIs/Table, component=Runtime/Network, component=Runtime/distrib-coord, component=none
- JIRA: forward issue type
- type=new, type=bug, type=hotfix
The review bot automatically posts a comment on each new pull request to track its review.
The source code of the bot is located in this repository: https://github.com/rmetzger/flink-community-tools
Once the bot is out of an initial trial phase, we will consider moving the source code into an Apache repository.
The review bot is using the @flinkbot GitHub Account. Credentials for the bot are available available from Robert Metzger (rmetzger).
The bot is currently (February 2019) hosted on a Google Cloud Compute VM, sponsored by data Artisans.
We plan to migrate the bot to a VM by the ASF.