Apache Flume is a distributed, reliable, and available system for efficiently collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log data to scalable data storage systems such as Apache Hadoop's HDFS.
Flume entered incubation on June 12th, 2011.
Issues before graduation
- Migrate mailing lists from Cloudera infrastructure to Apache mailing lists.
- Create Flume web site.
- Make an incubating release.
- Grow the community size and diversity.
- Licensing and trademark issues.
- Mailing lists:
- flume-user@incubator is now fully active. email@example.com is read-only
- flume-dev@incubator is nearly fully active, pending code import.
- Added two contributors.
- Discussion and voting about CTR / RTC.
- CCLA from Cloudera regarding license grant for existing Flume code from Cloudera has been received by ASF.
- Flume project imported to Apache Jira from cloudera.org Flume jira. (Thanks medthomas, gmcdonald!)
- Initial svn import completed (Thansk joes!)
- Initial inquiry into trademark status.
- Confluence Wiki space is started to get populated with resources and design information.
- An initial implementation of masterless acknowledgement announced.
- Proposals for next generation master being discussed.
- OpenTSDB connector availability announced.