Apache Flume is a distributed, reliable, and available system for efficiently collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log data to scalable data storage systems such as Apache Hadoop's HDFS.
Flume entered incubation on June 12th, 2011.
Progress since last report
- Flume trademark inquiry has been resolved. Flume will retain its name as an Apache project.
- Flume PPMC voted in two new committers - Prasad Mujumdar and Mingjie Lai
- Active development is going on in FLUME-728 branch.
- FLUME-728 branch has gone through two milestones - "NG alpha 1" and "NG alpha 2". A total of 50 issues have been fixed in these two milestone.
- A release is being planned for 1.0.0-alpha-1 based on this branch.
- An inaugural Flume Meetup was held in New York on November 9, 2011 which was attended by 40 users and developers.
Issues before graduation
- Create Flume web site.
- Make an incubating release.
- Grow the community size and diversity.
Approved: Ralph Goers (rgoers)