Apache Flume is a distributed, reliable, and available system for efficiently collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log data to scalable data storage systems such as Apache Hadoop's HDFS.
Flume entered incubation on June 12th, 2011.
Progress since last report
* Flume made it's first release from Incubator - version 1.0.0-incubating on January 4th, 2012.
* Flume PPMC voted in three new committers from diverse organizations: Jarek Jarcec Cecho, Brock Noland, and Juhani Connolly.
* Development work is going strong on flume-728 branch with over 50 issues fixed since the last submitted report.
* The flume-dev list is vibrant with discussions around design and policy, with active participation from contributors and committers alike.
Issues before graduation
* Move the active development branch - flume-728 to trunk.
* Release a version from the trunk.
Approved: Ralph Goers (rgoers)