Apache Flume is a distributed, reliable, and available system for efficiently collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log data to scalable data storage systems such as Apache Hadoop's HDFS.
Flume entered incubation on June 12th, 2011.
Issues before graduation
- Create Flume web site.
- Make an incubating release.
- Grow the community size and diversity.
- Licensing and trademark issues.
- Development activities are going steadily with eighteen JIRA issues created in the past month, and eighteen resolved.
- Active development is going on in flume-728 branch which is an effort to address critical problems observed in the trunk implementation.
- The core interfaces have been defined for the first cut.
- Active development is going on for implementing HDFS sink.
- Active development is going on for implementing a reliable channel.
- Core lifecycle and configuration aspects of the system are still being tweaked to ensure support for common use-cases.
- Initial inquiry into trademark status.
Signed: Ralph Goers (rgoers)