Submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on August 8, 2012
Apache Flume is a distributed, reliable, and available system for
efficiently collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log
data to scalable data storage systems such as Apache Hadoop's HDFS.
* Flume version 1.2.0 was released on July 26 which provides many
new features and bug fixes over the previous release.
* No further releases are planned at this time.
* Development activity continues as can be seen from the following report:
* All post-graduation tasks have been completed. All the infrastructure
has been setup as a TLP including the website using the CMS, conforming
to the branding and infrastructure requirements.
* The project has adopted Git as the primary source control system.
* PMC Composition has not changed since the last report.
* Committer composition changed with Mubarak Seyed joining as a committer.
* A user-group meetup is being organized for the week of October 22 around
the time of Strata-Hadoop World conference in NY.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 117 subscribers to the developer list
- Total of 270 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 21 committers
- Total of 20 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.