Publishing the Apache Flume web site requires:
1. Clone https://github.com/apache/flume-site into a local directory.
2. Check out the asf-staging branch.
3. Perform any updates that are required.
4. In the root directory run `mvn package`.
5. Open your browser to point to *local directory*/target/site/index.html and review the site.
6. When the changes look ok run `mvn pre-site install`.
7. Perform `git add` on the affected files and `git commit`.
8. Perform `git push`.
9. After a few minutes review https://flume.staged.apache.org and make sure the appropriate changes are present.
10. Once the site has been approved checkout the asf-site branch.
11. Perform `git rebase asf-staging` followed by `git push`.
12. After a few minutes verify that https://flume.apache.org has the correct changes.
Further information regarding what to edit in the site during a release may be found at How to Release - Update the Web Site.