1) File a GEODE JIRA ticket on Apache JIRA.
Anyone can register for an account and create an issue.
2) Assign ticket to yourself (click "Assign to me" in JIRA). If you are not a committer, you will need to ask for JIRA '
contributor' permissions. Send an email to email@example.com
with your JIRA username requesting access.
3) Change ticket status from OPEN to IN PROGRESS (click "Start Progress" in JIRA).
4) Follow the same steps as described on Code contributions. If you are committer, once someone has reviewed your pull request you can merge it yourself.
5) Change ticket status of the JIRA ticket from IN PROGRESS to RESOLVED (click "Resolve Issue" and fill in details). Fill in the "Fixed in Version" to match the next release version. If you are not sure about what the next release version is, you can double check gradle.properties - the next version will be versionNumber.releaseType.