A guide to deploying LDAP realms in Geronimo. The samples reflect settings that are valid for the default ApacheDS setup.
Geronimo can be configured to use the Apache Directory Server for its directory service. As of Geronimo 1.1 ApacheDS is not installed by default. If you do not have ApacheDS installed in your environment here are a series of quick steps to install it as a Geronimo Plugin.
Installing ApacheDS in Geronimo
To set up ApacheDS in Geronimo install the plugin as follows:
- Log into the Geronimo Console
- Click on Create/Install under Plugins on the left menu.
- If there are no repositories in the list click the
Update Repository Listlink.
- Select a Repository to search.
- Click the Search for Plugins button.