This application is a simple Hello World application which will output Hello World!! on the browser. It needs a Dynamic Web project and a JSP associated with it.
To run this tutorial, as a minimum you will be required to have installed the following prerequisite software.
- Sun JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5)
- Eclipse 184.108.40.206 (Eclipse Classic package of Europa distribution), which is platform specific
- Web Tools Platform (WTP) 2.0.1
- Data Tools Platform (DTP) 1.5.1
- Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) 2.3.1
- Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) 3.3.1
Details on installing eclipse are provided in the Development environment section. This tutorial is organized in the following sections:
The application development will take you through the following:
Creating a Dynamic Web Project using Eclipse
- Launch Eclipse and Switch to Java EE perspective.
- Right Click under project explorer and Select Dynamic Web Project as shown in the figure
- Name the project as HelloWorld.
- Keep default values for all the fields and Select Finish.
Adding a JSP to the project
- Right Click on the project HelloWorld and create a new JSP as shown in the figure.
- Give the name as hello.jsp and Select next. Select Finish on the next screen
- Modify the code of hello.jsp as follows
Run and Deploy
- Deploy the application on the server.
- launch the application using http://localhost:8080/HelloWorld/hello.jsp
- This will display HelloWorld!! on the browser window.