Database pools provide a mechanism for applications to access databases hosted on database managers without having to include the physical implementation details of the database in the application code. The database pools also relieve the application from managing things such as connection pools and timeouts.
Configuring database pools
To configure database pools, the Database Pools portlet is available by selecting Database Pools on the Console Navigation menu on the left hand side. The Database Pools portlet illustrated in the following figure shows all the available database pools and provides wizards for importing or creating new pools.
For other topics about datasource configuration, see the following sections:
- Configuring a DB2 datasource
- Configuring a derby datasource — You can use the embedded derby database and create a datasource for it.
- Configuring a MySQL datasource — This articles shows you how to configure a mysql datasource in Geronimo.
- Import database pools from JBoss 4
- Import database pools from WebLogic 8.1
- Removing database pools