Database pools provide a mechanism for applications to access databases hosted on database managers without having to include the physical implementation details of the database in the application code. The database pools also relieve the application from managing things such as connection pools and timeouts.
Configuring database pools
To configure database pools, the Database Pools portlet is available by selecting Database Pools on the Console Navigation menu on the left side. The Database Pools portlet illustrated in the following figure shows all the available database pools and provides wizards for importing or creating new pools.
For other topics about datasource configuration, see the following sections:
- Configuring a DB2 datasource — This article shows you how to configure a DB2 datasource in Apache Geronimo.
- Configuring a MySQL datasource — This articles shows you how to configure a mysql datasource in Geronimo.
- Executing SQL statements at deployment time
- Import database pools from JBoss 4
- Import database pools from WebLogic 8.1
- Removing database pools
- Using the Geronimo database pool wizard