Apache Geronimo Board Report
Geronimo Server 2.1.1 was released on April 28th. Release preparations for a 2.1.2 release have begun. Discussions about a Geronimo 2.2 release are taking place on our dev list. The Yoko, Plugins, Devtools, Specs, and XBean subprojects also had releases in the past 3 months.
Several new committers and PMC members have been added to the community.
The Geronimo community created a request for 2 server machines to support the community's TCK testing efforts. The Board approved this request, but also requested that an EC2 solution be investigated. Calculations showed that EC2 would be nearly twice as expensive as a dedicated hardware approach. Hardware acquisition of the new server machines is preceding.
- Geronimo 2.1.1 was released on April 28th. Preparations for a 2.1.2 release are underway.
- Discussions for a 2.2 release have begun.
- Server Repository 1.0 was released on June 27th.
- Work started on a plugin to run Apache JAMES embedded in Geronimo.
- Eclipse Plugin 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 were released (April 28th and June 26th)
- Working on 2.0 release, which strips-out plugins and only provides Maven configuration for simplified project configuration. Should be to a release-able stage in the next few months.
- Some re-design work to solidify the internal command-API and all for containers other than Plexus (like Spring) to work with the framework with little-or-no changes.
- Integrated Maven artifact API to allow GShell-application dependencies to be downloaded from a Maven repository.
- XBean 3.4, 3.4.1, 3.4.2, and 3.4.3 were released.
- Shipped new 1.4 release of the javamail specs and 1.5 releases of the javamail provider and mail jars on July 11th. New releases contained bug fixes uncovered by James integration testing, 8BITMIME support for SMTP, SSL support for the NNTP protocols, plus a few features to catch up with the Sun 1.4.1 javamail release.
- Worked with the Apache James project to get the James server working with the Geronimo javamail implementation as an option to the Sun version.
- JAX-WS Spec 2.1 was released on May 29th.
- Yoko 1.0 was released on May 16th.
JUGs and Conferences
New PMC Members
- Shiva Kumar
- Lin Sun
- Ted Kirby
- Yun Feng Ma