|Apache Geronimo Board Report - 2008-07 - July||Apache Geronimo Board Reports||Apache Geronimo Board Report - 2009-01 - January|
Apache Geronimo Board Report
The Geronimo project generated multiple releases in the last quarter, including releases of the Geronimo server, eclipse plugin, genesis, and javamail.
Two new committers were voted onto the project.
- Geronimo 2.1.3 Server was released on September 15th.
- Geronimo 2.1.2 Server was released on August 5th.
- Release discussions have begun for a 2.2 release.
- The community is monitoring Java EE 6 specifications being generated by the JCP.
- Geronimo Eclipse Plugins 2.1.3 was released on September 19th.
- Geronimo Eclipse Plugins 2.1.2 was released on August 22nd.
- Genesis 1.3.1 was released on September 2nd.
- Geronimo 2.1.2 Samples were released on October 3 (compatible with Geronimo 2.1.2 and 2.1.3).
- Javamail 1.4 (v1.6) was released on September 1st.
- Javamail 1.4 Spec (v1.5) was released on September 1st.
JUGs and Conferences
- Created Security related mailing list and status pages:
- Two machines (phoebe and selene) were purchased by the ASF for use by the Geronimo project for Geronimo TCK testing. These machines were used to perform the TCK certification of the Geronimo 2.1.3 release. They've also been used to uncover problems in our current 2.2 codebase.
- Testing to date has been driven manually. However, community has settled on the framework to be used in driving automated testing. Expect to see this realized in the near future.
- Interest in monitoring the utilization of these two machines was expressed. We plan on installing appropriate software to start this monitoring. The data will be made available, as appropriate. We will include a summary of usage statistics in our quarterly reports.
- Manu George
- BJ Reed
Other Issues and News
Evans Data Corporation released a report titled "Application Servers 2008 Rankings". Overall, Geronimo was the second highest ranking application server in the report, and was the highest ranking open source server.