Apache Geronimo Board Report
The Geronimo project generated multiple releases over the last three months. The community is discussing a Geronimo Server 2.2 release. There have also been discussions regarding OSGi and potential support from within Geronimo. Ivan Xu joined the Geronimo project as our newest committer.
Geronimo Server 2.1.4 was released. This release included multiple bug fixes and addressed 3 security vulnerabilities in the admin console.
- Geronimo TxManager 2.1.2 was released. This release included multiple bug fixes.
- Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4 was released. This release included bug fixes and support for the latest 2.1.4 server release.
- GShell 1.0-alpha2 was released
- XBean 3.5 was released.
- Javamail Spec 1.6 and Provider 1.7 were released.
JUGs and Conferences
Two Geronimo presentations were made at ApacheCon EU 2009 by David Jencks:
- Administering Apache Geronimo 2.x
- Administering Apache Geronimo through Custom Server Assemblies
The community established a policy for dealing with Security Vulnerabilities. The Server 2.1.4 release was the first release to follow this policy.
The community discussed using the Apache Nexus installation for release and snapshot staging/deployment. The community decided to hold off on switching to this new process until after the Geronimo Server 2.1.4 release.
Three security vulnerabilities were discovered in the Geronimo admin console. There were fixed in the Geronimo Server 2.1.4 release:
New PMC Members
- Ivan Xu
Other Issues and News
We requested the jsr-196 (jaspi) tck from sun on dec 2 2008 and still haven't received it.