The Apache Geronimo project is pleased to announce the availability of the Apache Geronimo v3.0-M1 server. This release is the first milestone release of the Geronimo 3.0 server. The 3.0 server is targeted as an implementation of the Java EE 6 Web Profile and also introduces support for the OSGi-based Aries application programming model. Please see the detail information in 3.0-M1 release notes for details.
Release highlights include:
- Support for portions of SUN's Java Enterprise Edition 6.0 specification:
- EJB 3.1 (partial)
- JPA 2.0
- Servlet 3.0
- JSP 2.2
- EL 2.2
- JSF 2.0
- JSTL 1.2
- JCA 1.6
- JACC 1.4
- JASPIC 1.0
- Annocations 1.1
- Interceptors 1.1
- Apache Aries OSGi programming model, including support for
- OSGi Blueprint service
- OSGi JNDI extender
- OSGi Web Application Bundle Support
Visit the Downloads page for details on downloading Apache Geronimo v3.0-M1 server assemblies.
The Apache Geronimo project is pleased to announce the availability of the Apache Geronimo v2.1.6 server. This release is primarily a bug fix release to address some security vulnerabilities. Please see the detail information in 2.1.6 release notes or 2.1.x Security Report for details.
Fixed vulnerabilities are:
- CVE-2010-1632 and CVE-2010-2076: Axis2 and CXF HTTP binding enables DTD based XML attacks.
- CVE-2010-1622: Spring Framework execution of arbitrary code
Visit the Downloads page for details on downloading Apache Geronimo v2.1.6 server assemblies.