Apache Gora Google Summer of Code 2012 Ideas Page
The following should be annotated as fully and in as relevant a manner as possible, clearly defining the project scope, aim and objectives.
To create a gora-dynamodb datastore for Gora. This will allow users to use Gora with Amazon's DynamoDb for solving their big data, NoSQL storage problems.
- Research the Amazon DynamoDB Data model and functionality
- Analyze existing gora-datastore implementations E.g. gora-cassandra, gora-hbase, gora-sql and gora-accumulo
- compare both of the above to determine when the gora-dynamodb data store should be used as an alternative to other
- Review the Amazon SDK and identify areas of key importance
- Document the conclusions in the form of the new Java coded gora-dynamodb datastore which will be attached to the Gora wiki and actively reviewed throughout the project.
The successful candidate will be VOTE'ed for by the Gora PMC after the student applications have been received. Based on successful project acceptance into the GSoC programme, and in compliance with the procedures outlined on the GSoC timeline, the student will begin work on the project around the beginning of May.
http://aws.amazon.com/dynamodb/ http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012 https://github.com/amazonwebservices/aws-sdk-for-java
Would it be okay for one to pick up the project, if he/she has not worked with NoSQL databases before?