The goal of this release is to keep enhancing Apache HAWQ features, fixing bugs, and to finalise package license files. Further more, we plan fix project library license possible issues according to project graduation criteria LC20, LC30, which are the last two items not ticked yet. And as the output, both source and binary tar balls will be provided for downloading.
Reference for LC20, LC30 : ASF Maturity Evaluation
- New Feature: HAWQ Ranger supports RPS HA. (Done)
- New Feature: HAWQ Ranger supports Kerberos authentication. (Done)
- New Feature: HAWQ Core supports plugable external storage framework. (Core code done)
- New Feature: HAWQ Core supports HDFS TDE (Transparent Data Encryption) through libHdfs3. (Done)
- Licenses: Fix PXF license files located in PXF jar files. (Done)
- Licenses: Check Apache HAWQ mandatory libraries to match LC20, LC30 license criteria. (Done)
- Bug fixes. (Done)
Source release and binary release.
Binary tar balls: HAWQ core, PXF.
Source tar ball: All-in-one tar ball including HAWQ core, PXF, and Ranger.
- 8th Feb. 2018 : branch cut
- 20th Feb. 2018 : vote for release RC1
- 27th Feb. 2018 : vote for release RC2
- 18th Mar. 2018 : release
Apache HAWQ 220.127.116.11-incubating
Apache HAWQ JIRA Release DashBoard
What's fixed in the release
- Collect feedback and requirements from community on the scope of release.
- Create Apache HAWQ-18.104.22.168-incubating release management page
- Create JIRA filter "HAWQ-22.214.171.124-incubating" and "HAWQ-126.96.36.199-incubating-fixed"
- Clean up all issues covered in HAWQ-188.8.131.52-incubating with fixing version 184.108.40.206
- Create Apache HAWQ-220.127.116.11-incubating release dash board
- Start release process
- Cut branch
- Send RC1 to DEV for voting
- Fix RC1 issues
- Send RC2 to DEV for voting
- Send RC2 to incubator PMC for voting
- Update websites for new release
- Announce release