Status report for the Apache HttpComponents project - May 2016
- The Apache HttpComponents project is responsible for creating and maintaining a toolset of low-level Java components focused on HTTP and
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time
- A vote was passed to move over to Git from SVN. This will thus be performed in the near future
- We are currently working on adding support for HTTP/2 protocol to HttpCore and HttpClient.
- We understand that our web site could be improved to migrate away from XML/APT and Maven generation to something like Markdown and jekyll. This would be something we plan to look into in the months ahead.
- Overall the project remains active. Although established in late 2007 the project remains stable and active as seen by JIRA and Emails.
- The number of emails could be seen as low, but it is stable like the state of the project, and we still have interested people joining into the dev list hoping to contribute, and saying so on the list.
- Currently 9 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Michael Osipov on Mon Aug 24 2015
Committer base changes:
- Currently 18 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Julian Sedding at Fri Sep 30 2016
- HttpAsyncClient 4.1.3 GA was released on Fri Feb 10 2017
- HttpCore 5.0-alpha3 was released on Tue May 02 2017
- HttpClient 5.0-alpha2 was released on <<TODO>>
- 42 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 56 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months