By default, the ASFs Confluence wiki is locked down. Project spaces are maintained by the projects themselves and access is self-serve, that is there should always be some people on the project that can give access to others.
- Click on 'Space Tools' and then 'Permissions'
- In the 'Individual Users' section of the page click on 'Edit Permissions'
- A search box appears, start typing to find the username of the person you wish to give permissions to.
- If you can not find the user, please check it is their 'Confluence' username - it might or might not be the same as their Apache ID - or they may not have an ASF Confluence account, in which case ask them to sign up first. Then try step 3 again.
- Click on 'Add' and then Select the permissions you want to give the user. Be strict in handing out 'Admin' access to only those that will need and use it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Save All'
All done, your user should now have all permissions you selected for them.