This lists the issues currently facing Jakarta.
Priority last quarter:
11. Using_LGPL'd_code. Also LGPL with Hibernate clause, LGPL with Classpath exception and MPL.
Priority this quarter:
16. Lucene to TLP - Lucene_promotion_to_TLP
17. JCS to SLP - JCS_promotion_to_SLP
4. Migrating_to_Subversion. - In progress.
11. Improved quality of releases?
12. Remove dead mail list. JServ mentioned on mail2.html but seems dead.
13. Archive dormant codebases. Alexandria, Watchdog, java@ code (find this stuff first).
14. Migrate jetspeed mail+cvs and log4j cvs out of jakarta space.
15. Fix mail archives for ecs-dev and oro-user mail lists.
10. Decide how to manage quieter/hibernated subprojects better. Alexandria, BCEL, BSF, ORO, Regexp, Watchdog all fit the bill. - BCEL has been resuscitated
20. Security process. Is it obvious how security problems are handled? Do we have active security liaisons per subproject?
6. Wiki vandalism. Are all our wiki's monitored by a mailing list? Need a jakarta-wiki page to point to the sub-wikis - Jakarta wiki page exists now
7. List moderation coverage. - Got a report on these, a few lesser used lists might need covering
8. ASF Licence 2.0. Any major work left to do? Need a script to check that no ASL 1.0's exist in CVS.
- The charter is out of date and needs much discussion. - An update has now been made to the charter. 2. Need to continue adding to the PMC. - The PMC size now seems to cover the projects well and should be adding people one at a time as they are nominated. 3. Jakarta-Commons/ASF-Commons confusion. - ASF Commons is now dead. 9. Obtaining a site-wide licence for Clover. - DONE - cvs:committers/donated-licenses/clover 5. Downloads pages are difficult to use. – Some irritation over JDK 1.5/1.4 issues, but done