Anyone who is interested in contributing to open source.
|Inmobi, 7th Floor, Delta Block, Embassy Tech Square, Marathahalli-Sarjapur Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560103, India|
Sat July 11, 2015 10:00am – 5:00pm India Standard Time
- Introductions : 15 minutes
- Feature Discussions
- Introduce Lens and code overview for new contributors : Rajat : 15 minutes : http://showterm.io/c464e4d2c249f71b438b5#slow
- Discuss jiras marked for Hackathon : 20 - 30 minutes
- 12:30 : Break for lunch
- 1:30 : Open for hackathon
Tips for Hackathon
How do I start -
- Target a JIRA of your interest
- Assign to yourself or drop a note in comment section
- Start work
- Post patch on Review Board
Ideas/Areas to work-
- For adding new driver : The doc available at Lens Driver
- Support for new storage : HBase, Cassandra etc.
- Support for new drivers : Spark SQL, Druid, Drill, Elastic Search etc.
- Improve Query Statistics and Analytics.
- Query cost estimation.
- Improving Lens Web interface.
- Or, Anything that you find interesting.
Would request first timers to be ready with building from source or docker setup done, sothat you save time during hackathon.
For newbies :
Get started with dev setup and building from source or docker setup.
Steps for Newbies to break the surface -
- Subscribe to Dev and User mailing list
- Ensure you have Java 7, Maven 3.0+ and Git setup
- Clone Apache Lens repo -
- Check the README.md file in the incubator-lens directory cloned.
- Pick up a JIRA of your interest from Apache Lens - JIRA
- Reach out experienced contributors in case you stumble upon anything.
- Have Fun.
Here are all the jiras marked with Hackathon-July label :
Newbie jiras labelled here -