This page is for planning/coordinating Lucene activities around ApacheCon US 2009.
Training & Session Schedule
The official schedule has been posted...
There is a two day track of sessions on Thursday & Friday, and full day Lucene training classes available on Monday & Tuesday
Lucene Meetup - Tuesday Nov 3rd 8PM
Tuesday Nov 3rd, 8-10 PM
This event is open to anyone who wants to come, even if you are not registered for the ApacheCon conference.
Please sign up in advance.
For more information on other BoF / MeetUp / GetTogether schedules please consult the main ApacheCon wiki.
All Lucene users, developers and other interested people are welcome to participate. Please use the sign up form instead of directly editing this list. The list of attendees will be updated periodically based on the form submissions.
- Aaron Binns / Internet Archive / Nutch(WAX)
- Aleksandar Bradic / Vast.com
- Aleksandar Gargenta / Marakana Inc.
- Amit Nithian / Zvents
- Andi Vajda / JCC / PyLucene
- Andrz Tori / Zemanta
- Avi Rappoport / Search Tools Consulting
- Brian Mansell / G2 Web Services
- Brian Pinkerton / Lucid Imagination
- Chris Hostetter / CBSi
- David Hall / Berkeley
- David Woollard / Jet Propulsion Lab
- Dietrich Featherston / ISS
- Eran Sevi
- Erik Graham / Fujisan Magazine Service
- Erik Hatcher / Lucid Imagination
- Erik Hetzner / California Digital Library
- Gene Tani
- Grant Ingersoll / Lucid Imagination
- Hongchao Li / McAfee
- Ian Kallen
- Igor Bogicevic / Vast.com
- Jacob Rideout / Return Path
- Jake Mannix / LinkedIn
- Jason Richey / FriendFinder
- Jason Venner / Ning / Hadoop / Solr / Katta
- Jay Hill / Lucid Imagination
- Josh Lucas / AT&T Interactive
- Jukka Zitting / Apache Tika
- Julie Hu / FriendFinder Networks
- Karthik / resu.me
- Ken Krugler / Bixolabs / Bixo
- Luis Alves / IBM
- Mark Miller / Lucid Imagination
- Marvin Humphrey / Eventful Inc. / Apache Lucy
- Michael Stoppelman / Yelp
- Murali Varadarajan / HTC Global Services Inc
- Nasseam Elkarra / Bodukai, Inc.
- Nathan Kurz / screamsorbet.com
- Paul Treszczotko / INPUT
- Robert Muir
- Simon Willnauer / Apache Lucene
- Sithu / Apache Lucene
- Spiros Xanthos / Pattern Insight
- Stefan Groschupf / Katta
- Steve Seagraves / Intelligent Software Solutions
- Subhankar Ray / AAfter Search
- T. Kuro Kurosaka / Basis Technology
- Trey Grainger / CareerBuilder.com
- Uwe Schindler / MARUM - Univ. of Bremen
- VikramNath Anegondiker
- Yonik Seeley / Lucid Imagination
- ... and 9 others
(DRAFT) Gameplan for the MeetUp...
- Introduction and Icebreaker
- Short Form Talks (15-20 minutes max)
- Solr Flair: User interfaces powered by Apache Solr - Erik Hatcher
- Intro to Droids - Thorsten
- Numeric and/or Geo-spatial search with Lucene and Solr - Uwe Schindler
(maybe combine with Grant's new Lucene 2.9 features talk, also maybe coming new things in 3.0 - Java 5 Generics everywhere, e.g. TokenStream API?)
- Intro to Katta - Stefan
- Lightning Talks (5 minutes a piece, first come, first served)
- ? Open Relevance
- ? Lucene Ports
- ? Posting-level index pruning - Andrzej Bialecki - if I get there on time from the SFO ...
- ? ...Others
- Mass Socializing Carnage
Other Conference Activities / Ideas
- "Meet the developers" corner (need elaboration from Jukka)
- Job Fair - part of meetup? - Posting area, 5 minute talks, or something where people can pitch why some Lucene developer should come work for them
- Hacking contest - ???