This page captures what tests must pass for a given release candidate
All releases must test the following:
- LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt are properly filled out for all dependencies
- RAT passes for checking all headers, etc.
- Proper Build Artifacts
- non-zero file size
- Contains LICENSE, NOTICE, CHANGES
- signatures and md5sums match
- Proper version numbers assigned
- Unpacked source packages can pass "ant test"
- Binary packages contain a jar for each "module"
- Unpack and check nested artifacts
- Solr war should have the right stuff
- All jars should contain LICENSE and NOTICE under META-INF
For every committer, write down here what you do to test a release candidate
- Build the sources
- Run all the tests
- check sigs., md5 hashes, etc.
- run the demos, index content
- run the Solr example and index some content,
- check over the LICENSE, NOTICE, CHANGES files
- Check the overall packaging, etc. is reasonable
- I run them through my training code