This error generally occurs when Maven could not download dependencies. Possible causes for this error are:
- The POM misses the declaration of the
<repository>which hosts the artifact.
- The repository you have configured requires authentication and Maven failed to provide the correct credentials to the server. In this case, make sure your
<id>of the remote repository to use. See the Maven Settings Reference for more details.
- The remote repository in question uses SSL and the JVM running Maven does not trust the certificate of the server.
- There is a general network problem that prevents Maven from accessing any remote repository, e.g. a missing proxy configuration.
- You have configured Maven to perform strict checksum validation and the files to download got corrupted.
- Maven failed to save the files to your local repository, see LocalRepositoryNotAccessibleException for more details.
In case of a general network-related problem, you could also consult the following articles: