If you are a newbie and you really want to help the workflow translation of the OpenOffice, consider the following steps:
- Take a look on http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html, don't forget the tips.
- You can start your anonymous suggestions right away: https://translate.apache.org/projects/, with this easy online platform. Please always start translating the last project release available (ex. now is v.4.x). If your language is missing from the last release you can ask L10N@openoffice.apache.org to add it. Note: Some glitches were reported by users using chrome browser, consider using another one.
- Subscribe to the mailing list L10Nemail@example.com by sending a blank mail. Note: its a list and you will probably get many related mails but its a way to get in touch and communicate each other.
- It's recommended that you should introduce yourself and ask for a Pootle account by sending an email like the following template (or click):
The administration of the Pootle server will contact you for username/password as soon as possible.
5. You are almost done.You can start translating as soon as you can... Of course a good idea is to translate the release notes, by using this copy-template (please check first if it's not already taken by another user and a working language, usually the title is = " * Copy of AOO 4.0 Release Notes (LANGUAGE?) " ; if anything else please wait for us to recreate a copy or ask here to help you).