SMS message is sent at the same moment as e-mail meeting reminder. The number to which is sent is a number of the phone specified in the “Administration” -> “Users” screen.
You need to do the following for the correct module work:
- Pay sms provider for the service. Currently only BulkSMS provider is supported. Attention! APIs of the different providers can vary, so correct sms sending for another providers is not guaranteed.
- Login into OpenMeetings
- Add/update the following parameters in “Administration” -> “Configuration: “sms.provider” – "bulksms.http.1"; "sms.Username" – name of the user with positive balance on bulkSMS site; “sms.Userpass" – user password on bulkSMS site; “sms.subject” – the text of the message. If this parameter is not set, sms message text will be the same as a meeting title.
- “number.minutes.reminder.send” – the number of the minutes before the meeting start for the reminder
- Fill the “Phone” field and turn the “SMS” switch on for the users who should receive sms messages in the “Configuration” -> “Users” section.
- Create a meeting in the calendar and invite the user from the step 5. He will receive sms message at the moment of the reminder time.
To make a payment on BulkSMS:
- Register on http://bulksms.vsms.net/
- Login on http://bulksms.vsms.net/
- In the “Buy Credits” panel click “Buy Now”
- Enter your phone number and click “Send my code now”
- Wait for sms with the code, click “Proceed”. On this step you receive 5 credits, i.e. you can try to send 5 test sms messages for free.
- Select “My Account” -> “Buy credit”
- Enter sum and way of the payment – for example, ”Credit Card” or “PayPal”
- Click Continue
- Follow the instructions.